Xavier Miller is a leadership coach who works with current and emerging leaders to build confidence, courage, conviction and overall self-awareness. An experienced business professional spanning over 15 years in senior sales, management and leadership positions, he draws upon his unique ability to relate to all personality types and is successful in delivering real outcomes for his clients, no matter the personal or professional challenges they may be facing.
Some coaches instincts is to maximise revenue by extending the coaching relationship for as long as possible. This is fundamentally unhealthy and unethical – coaching needs to deliver outcomes that are in line with the individuals goals, and the businesses objectives regardless of the financial implications. Our focus therefore is on delivering value not generating income.
With the assistance of our Extended DISC profiling tool, NextGen HR get back to basics with each individual and take them on a journey of self-reflection to gain a deeper understanding of, and improve:
- Leadership style
- Interaction with colleagues and senior leaders
- Signs of stress/pressure and how to alleviate them
- Ability to manage up and across the broader organisation
Further to this, we work collaboratively on the following key stages of the learning and coaching program using contemporary coaching models:
1. Psychological understanding – focussing on emotional intelligence to expand trust and self-awareness that cultivates and demonstrates empathy.
2. Communication understanding – focussing on active listening to enhance the giving and receiving of feedback which will result in enhanced collaboration across all levels of management and employees.
3. Business management – focussing on strategic thinking to develop the shared vision that guides change, setting the individual up to successfully transition to the next level of leadership. For example, building upon commercial and financial acumen and strategic decision making.
Throughout the program, it is our hope that the individual will have further developed the following:
- Interpersonal relationships, listening skills and empathy
- Communication skills
- Delegation and empowerment
Progress and successful attainment of the skills within the learning and coaching program will be clearly evidenced through better operational and financial performance and a demonstrated improvement in their ability to lead, manage and communicate with their team, as well as the confidence and conviction to make commercially sound decisions.
Leadership coaching program
Each leadership program we enter into is 100% tailored to the individual. Although we follow a similar structure, the unique program is centred around the individual’s learning and communication style. It is our goal to deliver the following awareness to you:
- Understanding your strengths, when and how to use them and signs of strength overuse
- What your development areas are, and techniques to improve upon them
- How you communicate and how to communicate more effectively to your team and stakeholders
- Your signs of stress and pressure, and how to cope with them
- Develop emotional intelligence through self awareness – this can be confronting, but essential in your development
- Improve time management.
- Understanding of your leadership style and how you are perceived by others
- The leadership coaching programs run for a minimum of 4 months
Interested to work together?
Before we do, we recommend meeting face to face to see if there is a match! Coaching needs to start with trust and respect, and I may not be the right coach for you. That’s ok, because I can find someone who is!
Get in touch to discuss your aspirations and coaching needs today!